Cannot boot after upgrade to kernel 4

Ответить
Mayavimmer
Operating system: Rosa Fresh 2012.1 64bit

Сообщение Mayavimmer » 04 дек 2015, 13:50

After upgrading, boot stops at "A start job is running for wait for Plymouth boot screen to quit". The upgrade involved moving to kernel version 4 from 3. I suspect the video driver is at fault, again. I have a Lenovo G50 with: AMD E1-6010 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics.

Is is a known problem? (i.e. being worked on?)

I was able to get the partial (slow, no gl) gui going by booting to level 3, then running XFdrake and choosing VESA, then rebooting.

euspectre
Operating system: Linux в разных вариантах

Сообщение euspectre » 04 дек 2015, 17:16

Mayavimmer писал(а):After upgrading, boot stops at "A start job is running for wait for Plymouth boot screen to quit". The upgrade involved moving to kernel version 4 from 3. I suspect the video driver is at fault, again. I have a Lenovo G50 with: AMD E1-6010 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics.[/quite]

Which video driver do you use? The opensource one ('radeon') included into the kernel or the proprietary one ('fglrx')?

If you use fglrx, than which version? Did you install it with XFdrake or downloaded from the AMD's web site and built manually?
Mayavimmer писал(а):Is is a known problem? (i.e. being worked on?)
It is difficult to say without additional information. Please try the following to collect that information and send it to us for analysis.

1. Remove /etc/X11/xorg.conf if it exists. If you added any "quirks" for the videodriver in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ manually, please remove these too.

2. Reboot. At the boot stage, edit the list of kernel parameters: remove "nomodeset", "xdriver=vesa" and "vga=..." if such things are present.
Add plymouth.enable=0 to that list to disable Plymouth, just in case.

3. See if the system boots OK. It should boot using the stock videodriver now.

Then please use hw-probe tool to collect the system information and the logs and send it to us (see https://linux-hardware.org/?view=howto). Post the URL it returns here.

If the graphics still fails this time, you can use hw-probe from a virtual console to send the data to us.

Ответить

Вернуться в «ROSA Fresh R4-R7 (2014.1)»