Customized KDE causes high CPU usage

Non-Desktop related topics
Ответить
ejvwaasdijk

Customized KDE causes high CPU usage

Сообщение ejvwaasdijk » 31 май 2012, 01:13

Today I noticed that CPU usage at after start up of KDE, while the computer is doing nothing, was close to 100%. To analyze this I added a new user and did not make any changes to the standard KDE/Rosa desktop. CPU usage was around 4%. As soon as I made some changes in KDE configuration the usage grew to around 14%, the computer doing nothing. The more changes I make, the higher is the CPU usage. It is plasma-desktop that uses the many CPU cycles.

There must be some incompatibility between KDE and the Rosa theme.

Greetings,

E. J. van Waasdijk.

ejvwaasdijk

Re: Customized KDE causes high CPU usage

Сообщение ejvwaasdijk » 02 июн 2012, 13:24

I did some experiments these days and found that customizing KDE does not cause problems as long as the theme "oxygen" is not used. "Oxygen" was the theme that I used in Mandriva 2010.2 without any problem. So my suggestion is that there is some incompatibility between the theme "oxygen" and KDE with Rosa. On Mageia 2 there are no problems at all with "oxygen".

I tried Rosa Marathon EE because of its promised long term support, but I find some things wanting, especially in the repositories. There is no XFCE for instance, and very few games. Is there a reason for this?

I hope you will update Libreoffice, because version 3.4 does not handle footnotes well.

Greetings,

Erik.

Ответить

Вернуться в «Marathon (LTS) General Software»