Installation R10 Plasma 32 and 64 bits in Intel

Ответить
mauricio
Operating system: Rosa Desktop Fresh R10 64 bits Plasma5

Сообщение mauricio » 12 май 2018, 12:19

Greetings group.
I installed Fresh R10 Plasma 5 in both 32 and 64 bits. It turns out that after updating the system and shutting down the PC or re-starting it, it reaches the login screen. By giving the key to continue the process, missing 15% for the progress bar to be completed, it does not pass from there. I have entered to make changes by command line in the video driver (Free UXA, Free i915, VESA, Free modesetting), with none entering the desktop. I have installed it on 2 computers:
- Aspire ONE Netbook, Intel Atom N450 processor
- Desktop HP Compaq dx2400 MicroTower PC, Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180

When I install it has the kernel 4.9.60, until there, it enters the desktop and works without problem. The problem occurs after updating the system.

Installing Fresh R10 desktop LXQt and updating the system, works fine.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Saludos grupo.
He instalado Fresh R10 Plasma 5 tanto en 32 como en 64 bits. Resulta que después de actualizar el sistema y apagar el PC o re-iniciarlo, llega hasta la pantalla de logueo. Al dar la clave para que siga el proceso, faltando un 15% para que la barra de progreso se complete, no pasa de ahí. He ingresado a realizar cambios por línea de comando en el driver de vídeo (Free UXA, Free i915, VESA, Free modesetting), con ninguno entra al escritorio. Lo he instalado en 2 computadores:
- Netbook Aspire ONE, procesador Intel Atom N450
- Desktop HP Compaq dx2400 MicroTower PC, procesador Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180

Cuando realizo la instalación tiene el kernel 4.9.60, hasta ahí, entra al escritorio y trabaja sin problema. El problema se presenta después de actualizar el sistema.

Instalando Fresh R10 escritorio LXQt y actualizando el sistema, funciona bien.

Gracias por su amable colaboración.

mulch
Operating system: Linux

Сообщение mulch » 07 июл 2018, 20:08

A lot of the symptoms you describe are happening here. The R10 plasma 5 64 bit install works well on my Desktop AMD machine. Unfortunately updating the system causes it to break.

[quote
"When I install it has the kernel 4.9.60, until there, it enters the desktop and works without problem. The problem occurs after updating the system."
[/quote]

This happens here. I may try your suggestion and use LXQt. Because these iso downloads were created in 2017 they now have a very big update to make them current. My update advises the download will be over 500mb. Shouldn't the iso be updated with these packages?

Something appears to be broken.

euspectre
Operating system: Linux в разных вариантах

Сообщение euspectre » 20 авг 2018, 11:10

mauricio писал(а):
12 май 2018, 12:19
When I install it has the kernel 4.9.60, until there, it enters the desktop and works without problem. The problem occurs after updating the system.
1. When you have updated the system, the kernel 4.9.60 was not removed automatically, you can still select it at boot time. Does the system boot OK if you do so?

If it boots OK and you can log in after that, please upload the system info and the logs to us using hw-probe tool - it may help diagnose the problem.
See https://linux-hardware.org/index.php?view=howto for details. Please post the URL of the hw-probe's report here.

2. If the system still hangs, please press Esc when the progress bar (Plymouth screen) starts at boot. The progress bar should disappear, along with the background, and the boot messages should become visible. If the system reports any errors there, they might become visible too. If the system hangs again, please take a picture of the screen and post it here.

3. If the updated system does not boot, please start ROSA in Live mode and upload the hardware info with hw-probe from there, at least.

Ответить

Вернуться в «Desktop»