[Solved] Several installation problems nfs client firewall

Ответить
ejvwaasdijk

[Solved] Several installation problems nfs client firewall

Сообщение ejvwaasdijk » 04 апр 2013, 22:59

Today I installed Rosa Fresh 2012. I could not change the compositing from xrender to opengl. So I tried to install the nvidia driver, but this failed miserably. After a lot of trial and error, especially error, I could not boot anymore. I did a clean new installation again. Now I removed nouveau driver and installed the nvidia driver at the same time. I could boot again. :D :D It took quite a long time to get everything as I want it. It is quite true that this distribution is not for the light of heart or new linux enthousiasts.

After all this trouble I wanted to make a nfs connection to my nfs server. I cannot do this; I cannot find a nfs-client program and I do not know how to do this via the CLI. I did not find any help on google that I can use. How can I make my computer an nfs-client with user rights?

For this nfs client I want to adjust my firewall, but I cannot get at the firewall configuration, because the program that is started, stops with an "unknown error". Via Google I learn that this bug has been resolved. It is not.

I have spent a whole afternoon and the evining trying to solve these problems. It makes me homesick for Mandriva of old with its easy configuration programs in Mandriva Control Centre. I can fully understand that you want to integrate these in the KDE system settings. But some of them do not work and I cannot find how to work around these bugs.

Please help me to solve the problems mentioned.

Greetings,

Erik.
Последний раз редактировалось ejvwaasdijk 08 апр 2013, 23:11, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

ejvwaasdijk

Re: Several installation problems nfs client firewall

Сообщение ejvwaasdijk » 08 апр 2013, 23:10

It took a lot of time, but at last I succeeded! :Yahoo!:

After a lot of googling and reading I wrote a tiny shellscript:

Код: Выделить всё

#!/bin/sh

kdesu mount -t nfs 192.168.178.14:/home/erik /mnt/erik

# in fstab I added:
# # share with nfs server, main computer:
# /192.168.178.14:/home/erik /mnt/erik nfs user,noatime,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,soft 0 0
I also got the idea to remove ROSA's nfs-utils 1.2.6 and replace this programwith Mageia's version 1.2.5 together with nfs-utils-clients.

When I need to connect to my main computer I start this little script and open Dolphin.

After this I tried the drakprograms in /usr/sbin. Almost all of them of them I can start with the help of kdesu. So my firewall is configured now and I am happily waiting for the updates that mr. Akdengi has promised.

Greetings to everyone who is interested and read this thread,

Erik.

ДроноваЮ
Operating system: Ubuntu/ROSA

Re: [Solved] Several installation problems nfs client firewall

Сообщение ДроноваЮ » 08 апр 2013, 23:57

Congrats :)

Ответить

Вернуться в «Desktop»