KDM screen doesn't display

Ответить
Cowboooy
Operating system: ROSA Marathon LTS

KDM screen doesn't display

Сообщение Cowboooy » 10 дек 2012, 12:46

After installation of ROSA Marathon LTS, when I force shutdown the computer, plug out electricity, when I reopen the computer it doesn't pass the boot screen, and these words coming.

"Welcome to emergency mode. Use "systemctl default" or ^D to activate default mode.
Give root password for maintenance
(or type Control-D to continue)"

How can I solve that problem? I search on the internet but couldn't find a good answer...

By the way, sorry for my English.

lisa

Re: KDM screen doesn't display

Сообщение lisa » 10 дек 2012, 21:57

Your English is very good!
I did find some others that have had this problem. Did a search for :
"Welcome to emergency mode. Use "systemctl default"
What does your fstab file show:
cat /etc/fstab
and how did you install Marathon? I always manually install and have never had that error.
Here are a couple of threads on problem
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/i ... 66172.html

http://forum.mandriva.com/en/viewtopic. ... 6&t=135963

Cowboooy

Сообщение Cowboooy » 12 дек 2012, 00:48

Outputs of the code are;

Код: Выделить всё

# Entry for /dev/sda6 :
UUID=526f271f-90e1-4c50-a2be-458abbc04098 / ext4 acl,noatime 1 1
# Entry for /dev/sda5 :
UUID=e624563924560CC5 /mnt/C ntfs-3g defaults 0 0
# Entry for /dev/sda3 :
UUID= 2424A01D249FF052 /mnt/D ntfs-3g defaults 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
# Entry for /dev/sda2 :
UUID= 98a493fb-46eb-4b43-acd3-2b2be85c517c swap swap defaults 0 0[
I installed it with graphical interface, default installation, is there any other installation options? :)
I saw that are before but I couldn't see any useful things... :o

lisa

Сообщение lisa » 12 дек 2012, 05:37

You got me there, cowboooy, with default installation, as I was not making sense. :pardon: I meant during the install on your hard drive, where it says such things as 'install on free space' or 'use largest empty partition' Sorry, I can't recall the exact wording, but I always select to manually install on the partitions of my choice, and then let it format to the filesystem I want, usually ext4.

There are clues there in your fstab, but I don't have the smarts to give you helpful answers, but the simple one, to re-install.

Here's my output, as I have two hard drives, the first one is primary with ntfs file system, and the second one (only one shown in my fstab file) is partitioned as extended, and in that entire extended drive are smaller logical partitions, with the middle of the drive itself a swap space. The logicals are where my Rosa root and Rosa home partition installs are. My other Linux distro isn't shown in fstab, only the swap partition. Your output seems a bit out of whack or not in order and I see an odd entry for /mnt /C and /mnt /D.

me@trying ~]$ cat /etc/fstab
# Entry for /dev/sdb5 
LABEL=pocart / ext4 defaults 1 1
# Entry for /dev/sdb6 :
LABEL=pocahm /home ext4 defaults 1 2
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
# Entry for /dev/sdb7 :
UUID=numbersandlettershere swap swap defaults 0 0
Hopefully someone else can help you with this.

P.S. Edited to add, make sure you do not have any external drives such as USB thumb or GoFlex USB drives connected during install of distro, as these should show up under /media and not as a mounted partition in your fstab file. Unless, of course, you plan to install and run from such externals. I always make sure to unmount/remove them before using a partition editor, too, so as to not by accident alter them.
Последний раз редактировалось lisa 12 дек 2012, 19:46, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

VictorR2007
Operating system: ROSA 2023.1

Сообщение VictorR2007 » 12 дек 2012, 08:33

Must be removed from fstab

# Entry for /dev/sda5 :
UUID=e624563924560CC5 /mnt/C ntfs-3g defaults 0 0
# Entry for /dev/sda3 :
UUID= 2424A01D249FF052 /mnt/D ntfs-3g defaults 0 0

Cowboooy

Сообщение Cowboooy » 12 дек 2012, 23:33

Thanks a lot lisa for the interest :) I install the Rosa like you, choose manually, ext4 is type of file system and "/" mount point and I give 14gb for the root partition.
I re-install it maybe thousand times :lol: but when I plug out the electricity system does not open again and this screen comes always :( if I turn off the system with normal ways nothing happen, but when I force to shut down this screen comes :)
mnt/D and mnt/C are my ntfs partitions and also my backups and files are there, I mount them from Control Center, and they always stay mounted in these directories. is it wrong technique for the mount? :oops:
No, I dont use any usb or external drive during the installation or after during boot :)

VictorR2007
How can I remove them from fstab can you explain that and you try to say these partitions or mounting of these partitions cause that problem right?

lisa

Сообщение lisa » 14 дек 2012, 20:28

I can only share links as to what others have done, sorry. But, you gave us another clue, and that is that it only happens when you unplug the computer. I found this, very similar to your problem:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1555418
where that person selected Configure your Desktop aka System Settings>Removable Devices

Technical discussion about problem:
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get- ... ppear.html

To edit fstab you would either need a live cd or if you can boot into Marndriva when problem doesn't occur, you:
Alt + F2 which brings up krunner at top of screen and enter:
kdesu kwrite /etc/fstab
after editing file, make sure you save it before you exit/close it.

Edited to add, that there are a few bug reports on this problem including ROSA bug 302

Cowboooy

Сообщение Cowboooy » 15 дек 2012, 13:17

:Yahoo!: :beer: that's it!!! in the end!!! Thank you everyone! thanks a lot Lisa and VictorR2007 for your precious ideas and comments :) you are save me from a nightmare! your wish is my command! :wink: I delete them from fstab and bingo I'm again here :Yahoo!: take care my friends, with my best regards :)

lisa

Сообщение lisa » 15 дек 2012, 20:53

So glad to hear it! Glad too that Victor was here to help you, as I did not know about editing the fstab entry, something I have never had to do.
Warm regards, Lisa Marie

Ответить

Вернуться в «Marathon (ROSA LTS)»