ROSA plasmoids

English-speaking forum for talkers =)
Ответить
Cowboooy
Operating system: ROSA Marathon LTS

ROSA plasmoids

Сообщение Cowboooy » 02 фев 2013, 12:28

I noticed to ROSA and Mandriva plasmoids; desktop widgets are less than Kubuntu's, and I couldn't find them, there is no information package about them for example; 'Hard Disk Monitor' 'Global Menu' is there any reason for that?

kda
Operating system: ROSA Desktop.Fresh 2012
Контактная информация:

Re: ROSA plasmoids

Сообщение kda » 02 фев 2013, 13:35

Hard Disk Monitor is a part of kdebase4-workspace package. 'Global Menu' - as far as I understood you - you mean 'plasma-widget-menubar' package.

Cowboooy

Сообщение Cowboooy » 02 фев 2013, 15:29

Yes Hard Disk Monitor part of this workspace but no trace about Hard disk monitor, I couldn't find it to install or add from internet. Yes I mean plasma-widget-menubar, how can I find it? or is it possible?

kda
Контактная информация:

Сообщение kda » 04 фев 2013, 15:26

Cowboooy писал(а):Yes Hard Disk Monitor part of this workspace but no trace about Hard disk monitor, I couldn't find it to install or add from internet.
You can add "Hard Disk Monitor" in the usual way by open dialog "Add widgets".
Cowboooy писал(а): Yes I mean plasma-widget-menubar, how can I find it? or is it possible?
You can install it from repositories (see attached screenshot). Also you should install appmenu-qt and add "export UBUNTU_MENUPROXY="libappmenu.so"" to a KDE startup script.
Вложения
screen.png
Screenshot

Cowboooy

Сообщение Cowboooy » 05 фев 2013, 11:50

Ohh! that it this screenshot is what I want to see when I search them on my system, but when I search in Package Manager it didn't find plasma-widget-menubar? and also for the Hard Disk Monitor there is no Hard Disk Monitor, this is why I ask you there is something missing.

kda
Контактная информация:

Сообщение kda » 05 фев 2013, 15:11

Cowboooy писал(а):but when I search in Package Manager it didn't find plasma-widget-menubar?
Please ensure that you are using right filters when you perform a ''Search" operation in rpmdrake (on the my screenshot you can see "All" "All" for all filters. Or just run in konsole:

Код: Выделить всё

urpmi plasma-widget-menubar appmenu-qt

Cowboooy

Сообщение Cowboooy » 05 фев 2013, 17:45

Yes, now I checked and try again same result nothing about menubar, and terminal output is this

Код: Выделить всё

urpmi plasma-widget-menubar appmenu-qt
No package named plasma-widget-menubar
No package named appmenu-qt
It can be related with media? because I'm not sure they are updated or my repositories are correct, when I search gimp it find 2.6 version, 2.8 announced, Firefox 17, Clementine 0.7, Clementine 1 announced almost 1 years ago, if they are still not added to repositories I don't know, but if they are added where their updated versions are?

Cowboooy

Сообщение Cowboooy » 05 фев 2013, 17:49

note: I'm using default repository, after installation of ROSA 2012 Marathon which ask add media I say yes and add default media that is all, I don't add additional repository for now.

kda
Контактная информация:

Сообщение kda » 06 фев 2013, 00:31

Cowboooy писал(а):note: I'm using default repository, after installation of ROSA 2012 Marathon which ask add media I say yes and add default media that is all, I don't add additional repository for now.
Ahh.. Sorry! I spoke about ROSA Desktop Fresh 2012. We have no appmenu for Marathon. BTW, why you are using it? "Fresh" is much better.

Cowboooy

Сообщение Cowboooy » 06 фев 2013, 01:32

Oh ok! Thank you very much for everything kda, I don't try yet that. I don't have any chance to try Fresh, currently I have Marathon only. So Fresh is ok about updated programs and plasmoids?

kda
Контактная информация:

Сообщение kda » 06 фев 2013, 12:34

Cowboooy писал(а):So Fresh is ok about updated programs and plasmoids?
Yes.

Cowboooy

Сообщение Cowboooy » 06 фев 2013, 21:58

Ok I will try and give feedback, thank you :)

warm regards.

Cowboooy

Сообщение Cowboooy » 08 фев 2013, 16:01

I test the Fresh good for Plasmoids updated programs, everything work fine but 2 maybe "small" issue I detected, one of these I cannot group or ungroup the applications in the simple welcome which is new feature, when I want to drag and drop a application to group them its drag the page, kind of editing locked I don't know, another issue is
Local system message service Message from syslogd@cowboy at Feb 7 10:32:33 ...
kernel:[394.502218] thermal_sys: Critical temperature reached (90 C), shutting down
when start 2-3 application or force the computer with the anything else it can be update the system CPU start to working %100 and this message appear right bottom corner, I suppose it's emerge because kdebugdiologs are open I disable all but it's same why its happen?

Ответить

Вернуться в «Off the wall»