[HOW TO] Enable Surround Speakers on Creative Sound Card

Non-LTS (non-Marathon) related topics
Ответить
Majestic

[HOW TO] Enable Surround Speakers on Creative Sound Card

Сообщение Majestic » 17 июн 2013, 02:09

Hi everyone.

I lived this problem, and really looked for solution for long time. So maybe someone is looking for this issue also.

If you have a surround sound speakers and 5.1 output, you should do a trick on Alsamixer... It isn't enough to choose 5.1 output from sound mixer on GUI (graphical user interface) also you should set your alsamixer output from Konsole.

First of all choose your speakers from sound mixer on desktop as Analolog Surround 5.1 Output + Analog Stereo Input and as you waited to hear sound from spekers, you will hear on test section but your +1 -mean subwoofer- wont work as waited when playing a video or music file... To hear a surround open Konsole and type

Код: Выделить всё

Alsamixer
you will see a black background and F keys to choose your sound card's playback and recording... (If you have more than one sound card such as me; one onboard sound, second hdmi output and finally your 5.1 output speaker (mine is creative EMU10k1)... To choose which to setup, Press F3 and choose your card...

Then you will see graphics by coloured and showing output levels. You can play around at this section and you can may choose bass and treble also. But you should choose something for your front - rear and center output as mixer out Yes, i know for rear output choosing rear seeming quite normal but, you cant get a surround and working your subwoofer at same time. But if you let the control to your mixer output for every output, it will work better.

As i told above you can do more on this Alsamixer setting mode, such as recording option for other soundcard, or bass-echo-treble settings....

Finally, enjoy your surround system for every kind of music, video, or over internet playback.

Sincerely ;)
Последний раз редактировалось Majestic 19 июн 2013, 00:57, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
Think twice before giving a decide...

ДроноваЮ
Operating system: Ubuntu/ROSA

Re: [HOW TO] Enable Surround Speakers on Creative Sound Card

Сообщение ДроноваЮ » 17 июн 2013, 10:42

Majestic,
Thank you for this useful howto! WIll put on the wiki also.

Ответить

Вернуться в «ROSA Fresh R1-R3 (2012.1)»