ROSA Media Player 1.5 is out

Non-LTS (non-Marathon) related topics
Ответить
ДроноваЮ
Operating system: Ubuntu/ROSA

ROSA Media Player 1.5 is out

Сообщение ДроноваЮ » 13 сен 2012, 12:03

ROSA Company is glad to announce a new versions of its multimedia player — ROSA Media Player 1.5. The product which already supports more than 300 video and 160 audio formats, now becomes cross platform and is able to work on both Linux and windows operating systems.
ROSA Media Player 1.5 is a new version of the free multimedia player which became popular due to convinient user interface and well thought out set of functions. Besides standard features such as filters to improve video quality or automated download of subtitles from the opensubtitles.org site, ROMP provides quite a few unique features which are absent in other modern mediaplayers. For example, screen video recording, «on-the-fly» video edge cutting and saving audiotracks to .mp3 or .ogg files.
The main differences of ROMP 1.5 from the previous version are possibility to use it in Windows operating systems, as well аs fixes for different issues such as missing control panel in fullscreen mode. In comparison to version 1.0, we have significantly improved player interface — great efforts were made to unify all dialogs and graphical elements of the player. After internal structure refactoring, we were able to add support for MIDI files, as well as possibility to handle ID3v2.4 tags in audiofiles.
In future, we are planning to add support for screencasts with audio recording and implement possibility to capture a given screen region or a separate window. Integration with online services (such as You Tube) is also planned to search and view video files.
According to Denis Koryavov, ROMP project leader, «when developing ROSA Media Player, we aim to create a player with low resource requirements but at the same time providing enough functionality to satisfy all the needs of most users».

ROSA Media Player 1.5 is licensed under the GPLv3 license. New version of ROSA Media Player is already available for ROSA users in the Update Center, a version for Microsoft Windows can be downloaded from ROSA company site by this URL: http://cdn.2safe.com/295639033540/rosa- ... er-1.5.exe.
Source code of the project can be downloaded from ROSA ABF public repository: https://abf.rosalinux.ru/uxteam/ROSA_Media_Player.

sylvainsjc
Operating system: ROSA Linux
Контактная информация:

Re: ROSA Media Player 1.5 is out

Сообщение sylvainsjc » 14 сен 2012, 08:33

Great !!!

A good alternative much simpler than smplayer with highlighting of nice features.
I have a lot of problems with mplayer 1.0, see here : http://forum.rosalab.ru/en/viewtopic.ph ... 1262#p7645
There is not yet inclusion DVD menus

lisa

Сообщение lisa » 10 окт 2012, 23:46

One thing I appreciate about this forum is alerting us to new updates. Thank you!

Maybe this isn't the appropriate place to post this, but I have problems with video playback using Rosa-Media-Player 1.5-12 . I am using Rosa Marathon LTS 2012 non-free for 64 bits. The video DVD is unencrypted using ffmpeg2 codec and in normal screen the play is slightly jumpy or jerky, and is worse when I play in fullscreen. I have nVidia Gforce 8500GT card on my desktop computer and I am using the native Nouveau driver. Under Options>View info and properties>mplayer options, I can add my own choices here, but do not know what to use. The mplayer.conf file shows vo=xv,x11, and that usually works for me in other distros. The only extra info is this when opening RMP in konsole and trying to play the DVD:
"Warning: Core::stopMplayer: mplayer in not running!
Warning: InfoReader::readLine: Unknown type! Ignoring
Warning: SubTracks::parse: subtitle type: 1, ID: 0 already exists!"

I could install another media player but wanted to try and get the native one to work. I was wondering if I was missing a dependency?
Regards, Lisa
edited: I am using the non-free not the free version

lisa

Сообщение lisa » 14 окт 2012, 00:39

It now plays well. I'm not sure what exactly did the trick, but in repositories, I enabled 'non-free' and 'restricted' and installed faac and faad2, as well as ffmpeg was updated. I then installed x11-driver-video-nvidia-current via the 'set up graphical display'.

Ответить

Вернуться в «ROSA Fresh R1-R3 (2012.1)»