Problem with Nvidia driver

Ответить
samerset
Operating system: Rosa, Debian

Problem with Nvidia driver

Сообщение samerset » 07 мар 2018, 15:04

Hi
New user from Iran is here. I really like Rosa. This is the best Rpm based distro that I have ever used and it works like a charm without Nvidia. However, I need Nvidia for some of my scientific tasks and I have problems for installing it on Rosa. I have installed Rosa for 3 times, at the first attempt I used XFdrak to install and configure Nvidia. Rosa fails to boot after reboot, it shows that nice boot splash but can not load display manager and the screen goes black.
At the second attempt I tried to install Nvidia using urpmi x11-driver-video-nvidia-current command according to wiki (this is weird, what if users have old Nvidia Card?) and didn't touch XFdrake for configuring it. Same thing happens and Rosa fails to boot.
At the third attempt I installed x11-driver-video-nvidia340-340.101-4-rosa2016.1.i586.rpm packages and all of it's dependencies using urpmi (I have Geforce 8400 on my system) and configured my system using XFdrake. Again same thing happens and I gave up.

Please let me know is there any other configuration that I should do?
I can't boot Rosa but I can touch it's file system using debian (this is a dual boot system)

PS: I have Rosa R10 Lxqt

Sorry for my english. My english is not that bad but this google translator on Rosa forum twisted my words.
Regards

euspectre
Operating system: Linux в разных вариантах

Re: Problem with Nvidia driver

Сообщение euspectre » 08 мар 2018, 11:55

Hi,

Glad you like ROSA!

If there are such problems with graphics, first, let us try to get more info about it from the system. When the problem happens, it is possible to switch to a text console with Ctrl+Alt+F2, for example? If that works, please run hw-probe from there This will collect the info about the hardware as well as system logs and such, which could be useful. See https://linux-hardware.org/index.php?view=howto

I'd also recommend to try ROSA R10 KDE4, which is often more stable and polished than the LXQT spin, in my opinion.

samerset
Operating system: Rosa, Debian

Re: Problem with Nvidia driver

Сообщение samerset » 08 мар 2018, 12:43

euspectre писал(а):
08 мар 2018, 11:55
Hi,

Glad you like ROSA!

If there are such problems with graphics, first, let us try to get more info about it from the system. When the problem happens, it is possible to switch to a text console with Ctrl+Alt+F2, for example? If that works, please run hw-probe from there This will collect the info about the hardware as well as system logs and such, which could be useful. See https://linux-hardware.org/index.php?view=howto

I'd also recommend to try ROSA R10 KDE4, which is often more stable and polished than the LXQT spin, in my opinion.
Thank you my friend
I could solve the problem. I booted to command line and used mkinitrd to revert back to 4.9.60 initramfs. Rosa booted graphically and I could see nvidia splash instead Rosa one. Now I am on windows, at next reboot to Rosa I will report my hardware so developers can have a better look to this issue.

Thanks again

Ответить

Вернуться в «Общие вопросы по РОСЕ»