horror trip

Ответить
josy1982

horror trip

Сообщение josy1982 » 13 дек 2012, 21:49

Hi,

today i buy a new computer. I have the Desktop 2012 RC ISO here. So i burned it to dvd. Then i boot from dvd i choosed install in basic graphics mode. So then i press enter and i saw a multi-coloured screen with stripes. So i think there is a problem with the graphics card. So i set the nomodeset now the installation works. After complete the installation i reboot my machine. Then i saw a message that the screen have a wrong resolution so it cannot boot into rosa linux. So i think again that the graphics card is the problem. However because i had no chance to set parameter i used a live cd from another distribution. Then i edit the grub.cfg with parameter nomodeset. Then i have to set manually the bootsplash resolution. Then i reboot my machine and now works without problems. So however this was a little bit horrible for me today. After i installed the fglrx driver the screen works without the nomodeset option. So it seems my graphics card works only with fglrx wich is not preinstalled. If the fglrx driver is not preinstalled no chance to get working screen only if i set the nomodeset option. My grahpics card is AMD Radeon 6670.

I want to say something else if i install wine 32 bit and try to configure it trough winecfg , winecfg tells me that cannot find wine 64 bit so i cannot run winecfg i don't understand that.

akdengi

Re: horror trip

Сообщение akdengi » 13 дек 2012, 22:59

Some adds - in grub2 was added some 'non safe resolution'. We fix it in release ISO.

Ответить

Вернуться в «Desktop»