screen resolution

Non-Desktop related topics
Ответить
brillenpinguin

screen resolution

Сообщение brillenpinguin » 28 июн 2012, 20:43

First, sorry for my bad english.

Sytem: ROSA Desktop 2012 LTS 32bit
How can i change the screen resolution for shutdown. maybe it is a bug .... screen resolution on shutdown screen is mutch higher then boot screen. I think both screens should have the same resolution

brillenpinguin

Re: screen resolution

Сообщение brillenpinguin » 02 авг 2012, 12:56

anyone an idea how ich can change the screenresolution on shutdown ?

ДроноваЮ
Operating system: Ubuntu/ROSA

Сообщение ДроноваЮ » 02 авг 2012, 13:35

I'm very sorry, what do you mean by 'shutdown' -- console output after exit from X? any screenshots/photos could be helpfull, also please specify you graphical hardware -- card and video display. Thank you.

PastorDi
Operating system: IBM DOS, OS/2
Контактная информация:

Сообщение PastorDi » 02 авг 2012, 14:41

Yes, on my laptop the same thing. But do not put the logs. This is different from off-Plymouth and on-Plymouth inclusion. If only syslog look. But there's nothing there.I will try again to see the logs. And only video ATI.

viking
Operating system: Rosa 2012 x64
KDE 4.8.3
nrj-netbook 3.4.11

Сообщение viking » 02 авг 2012, 23:26

I can confirm that on my laptop with Intel graphics I had same issue. During boot Rosa logo was much bigger then in shutdown process. It also was distorted (4:3 resolution instead of 16:9), so Rosa logo was an ellipse instead of circle. :(

After I installed new kernel (nrj-netbook from MIB) those problems was gone. :Yahoo!:

I made disk image just after fresh install and first boot, so I restored that image and took those pics in attachment. :wink:

Now I need to restore my latest disk image so I can continue my work. 8)
Вложения
shutdown.jpg
Rosa logo is much smaller during shutdown then in boot process
boot.jpg
Rosa logo is much bigger during boot then in shutdown process

ДроноваЮ
Operating system: Ubuntu/ROSA

Сообщение ДроноваЮ » 03 авг 2012, 12:13

You see, the problem is that while initializing the system we have the 'vga=788' option in the kernel, right? But during shutdown the system default graphical settings are working. Don't know if there is any easy solution for that.

viking
Operating system: Rosa 2012 x64
KDE 4.8.3
nrj-netbook 3.4.11

Сообщение viking » 03 авг 2012, 18:30

ДроноваЮ писал(а):You see, the problem is that while initializing the system we have the 'vga=788' option in the kernel, right? But during shutdown the system default graphical settings are working. Don't know if there is any easy solution for that.
Yes, that's true, there is vga=788 in menu.lst, but... what happens during boot process is diffident with diffident kernels.

With originally shipped kernel (was it 3.0.28?), it was like in pictures I posted. 800x600 (788) was active until KDM shows up. KDM was in my native resolution (1366x768), and everything after that was in same resolution.

With 3.4.7-nrj-netbook (and with 3.4.6) situation is different. On boot, 800x600 (788) resolutions is active only until grub ends and boot screen with Rosa logo shows. From that moment, everything until end of shutdown is in my native resolution (1366x768). So basically this means that both screens in pics that I sent looks same on my current system (with small proper circle Rosa logo). I am not sure if Automatically start the graphical interface upon booting also have something to do with that.

Reading what I just wrote, someone might say that it would be best to install some of 3.4.x kernels from MIB in that case. MIB kernels are great, but please read Nicco's comment before you try to install any of them. Some ATI and NVidia drivers might not work on newest kernels. Please notice that this is not MIB's fault. I have Intel graphics, so I am safe.

brillenpinguin

Сообщение brillenpinguin » 04 авг 2012, 06:02

ДроноваЮ писал(а):I'm very sorry, what do you mean by 'shutdown' -- console output after exit from X? any screenshots/photos could be helpfull, also please specify you graphical hardware -- card and video display. Thank you.
Yes. I mean the Screen with the Rosa Logo and the moving line.

Hardware is Onboard Intel Series 4 G41. Display is an 16:10 TFT favotite Screenresolutin ist 1440:900 or 1280:800

Ответить

Вернуться в «Marathon (LTS) General Software»