Xsane bug in Rosa Fresh 5

Non-LTS (non-Marathon) related topics
Ответить
ejvwaasdijk

Xsane bug in Rosa Fresh 5

Сообщение ejvwaasdijk » 07 июн 2015, 01:05

Today I found a bug in Rosa Fresh 5 using the program xsane. When I wanted to put a scanned image in one of my directories, I chose "save scan" and clicked on "browse" in order to choose directory and filename. Having done this, I clicked "open", but the filename and chosen directory did not appear in the name field. I tried the same in Mageia 4.1 and Linux Mint Mate 17.1 and it worked in both OS's. So it must be a problem in Rosa. Please tell me what to do to correct or workaround this problem.

Greetings,

Erik Jan.

ejvwaasdijk

Re: Xsane bug in Rosa Fresh 5

Сообщение ejvwaasdijk » 07 июн 2015, 14:39

Supposing that some KDE-file is missing I installed XFCE. Using XFCE I have the same problem. Unless Rosa's XFCE installation is somehow dependent on the KDE installation, there must be some problem with XSANE that does not occur with Mageia or Mate.

I hope someone knows what is wrong.

Greetings from Holland.

Erik Jan

ejvwaasdijk

Сообщение ejvwaasdijk » 07 июн 2015, 16:05

I can add now that in Rosa Marathon XSANE works as expected. In Rosa Fresh R5 I must first open the desired directory with dolphin, then copy the directory with control-c, go back to the XSANE window, empty the fieldname field and then paste the name with the mouse wheel. Control-v does not work. Having done this I can add the file name.

I hope someone who understands all this can help.

Greetings,

Erik Jan.

ejvwaasdijk

Сообщение ejvwaasdijk » 10 июн 2015, 10:52

Yesterday I removed a Rosa installation and replaced it with Mageia 5RC. Now xsane 0.999 works as expected and I can choose a directory by browsing to one and typing the name of the scan that is to be saved there. Definitely this bug is part of Rosa, not a problem of the newest version.

I hope someone can find out the solution. Another friend of mine who installed Rosa on my recommendation does not have tot do a lot af scanning, and is now working around the problem, but hopes it will be solved soon.

Keep up the good work!

And greetings from Holland and Italy,

Erik Jan.

keleg

Сообщение keleg » 10 июн 2015, 12:04

Hm, I don't reproduse the issue. Please, create screenshot (if you don't use ROSA - in live mode) or screencast by ROMP for localization the issue

ejvwaasdijk

Сообщение ejvwaasdijk » 15 июн 2015, 18:31

Dear Keleg,

I hope this image will be clearer than my words. I am Dutch and English is my second language; moreover the names in xsane are in Dutch and I do not know the exact equivalents in English.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3i437986gtb6 ... 1.png?dl=0

With the icon beside the name field of the image to scan I open dolphin window, marked in blue. The choices I make there are supposed to get into the name field. This does not work.

Greetings,

Erik

keleg

Сообщение keleg » 15 июн 2015, 19:07

Please, use another button for save you picture
Вложения
снимок3.png

ejvwaasdijk

Сообщение ejvwaasdijk » 26 июн 2015, 09:48

Thank you, Keleg, for your workaround.

On one computer I have installed Mageia 5; on the others we will use your suggestion.

Greetings,

Erik.

Ответить

Вернуться в «ROSA Fresh R1-R3 (2012.1)»