Packaging error in Libreoffice Rosa Fresh R5

Non-LTS (non-Marathon) related topics
Ответить
ejvwaasdijk

Packaging error in Libreoffice Rosa Fresh R5

Сообщение ejvwaasdijk » 13 май 2015, 11:13

These days I nstalled Rosa Fresh R5 32-bits on thre computers and on one 64-bits computer. In all of them Libreoffice was not installed completely. Mail merge did not work as before. It appeared that that the database part was not installed. After complete installation mail merge worked as expected. I believe there must be something wrong; former versions of Rosa Fresh did not have this problem.

On another installation I found yesterday that fontwork does not work as expected. The fontwork-gallery does not appear. My first idea was that this too is caused by the incomplete installation. I did the completion myself and noted that there are many strange names in the dependencies. Ones that do not belong to the LO files. After the completion fontwork still did not show its gallery. So I believe there must be a serious mistake in the packaging of Rosa's version of LO.

I solved the problem by completely removing Rosa's version of LO from the computer and installing the version that can be downloaded from libreoffice.org.

I hope this error report will be useful to you. All owners of the computers I mentioned, are very happy with Rosa Fresh, the most beautiful version of KDE that we know of.

Greetings and keep up the good work.

Erik Jan

keleg

Re: Packaging error in Libreoffice Rosa Fresh R5

Сообщение keleg » 14 май 2015, 17:04

Thank you for your bug report! Now we investigated with this error.

Pulfer
Operating system: ROSA Desktop Fresh 2016.1 i586

Сообщение Pulfer » 14 май 2015, 17:18

Fontwork gallery is in libreoffice-openclipart package. We don't want LibreOffice to require it because it makes ISO ~100 Mb bigger.
Intel Core i7-6700 / 8 Gb RAM / GeForce GTX 750 Ti / Rosa 2016.1 i586

ejvwaasdijk

Сообщение ejvwaasdijk » 19 май 2015, 16:57

Thank you, Pulfer and Keleg for your reactions.

I can understand that you want your ISO as small as possible, but couldn't you separate the fontwork files from the Openclipart? A few years ago I had a look at the Openclipart and removed it from my computer. But I am interested in a working fontwork module. I also installed Linux Mint Mate on an older computer, and got a partial installation of LO just like RTosa, but after installation of the metapackage called "Libreoffice" everything worked, fontwork included. Could the packagers of Rosa do the same? Remove the Openclipart to a separate rpm-file and include fontwork in the metapackage?

Greetings from

Erik Jan.

Pulfer
Operating system: ROSA Desktop Fresh 2016.1 i586

Сообщение Pulfer » 19 май 2015, 17:34

ejvwaasdijk писал(а):I can understand that you want your ISO as small as possible, but couldn't you separate the fontwork files from the Openclipart? A few years ago I had a look at the Openclipart and removed it from my computer. But I am interested in a working fontwork module. I also installed Linux Mint Mate on an older computer, and got a partial installation of LO just like RTosa, but after installation of the metapackage called "Libreoffice" everything worked, fontwork included. Could the packagers of Rosa do the same? Remove the Openclipart to a separate rpm-file and include fontwork in the metapackage?
I guess it's possible. I'll try to remember about it next time I update LO version.
Intel Core i7-6700 / 8 Gb RAM / GeForce GTX 750 Ti / Rosa 2016.1 i586

Ответить

Вернуться в «ROSA Fresh R1-R3 (2012.1)»